The Downtown Neighborhood Association of Savannah (DNA) was established in 1974, banding downtown residents together to improve quality of life. We’ve achieved a lot, but never faced more challenging times than today. Our volunteer-led Board of Directors invite you to join or renew for 2022, and add your voice to our community! DNA Members participate, and benefit, in many ways:
- INFLUENCE POLICY: Savannah’s government and community leaders respect DNA’s views on policy issues. We are connected, influencing actions to preserve the Historic District, improve city planning and zoning, champion public safety, calm traffic, regulate large scale development, address tourism concerns, protect the environment, reduce noise, address parking concerns and much more. Members formulate DNA positions in policy committees and regularly appear before the City Council, the Historic Review Board, the Metropolitan Planning Commission and other authorities.
- PUBLIC SAFETY: DNA is the recognized neighborhood liaison with the Savannah Police Department (SPD) and works closely with our precinct Neighborhood Resource Officer. SPD’s Chief of Police and officers attend DNA meetings to share news and meet neighbors.
- ENHANCE QUALITY OF LIFE: DNA works hard to enhance and maintain quality of life in the downtown neighborhood by working closely with city and tourism leaders on matters impacting residents. With the recent increase in filming, road races and visitors to our city, residential quality of life is a critical concern.
- STAY INFORMED: DNA communicates regularly with members through weekly emails, our Facebook page (Facebook.com/SavannahDNA), the Nextdoor app and our website, SavannahDNA.org
- MAKE NEW FRIENDS: DNA always hosts a pre-meeting social to encourage interaction with neighbors and opportunities to meet new friends. Our annual mid-May picnic is a must attend event bringing neighbors together for an evening of socializing with food and drink.
- ENJOY SPECIAL EVENTS: DNA organizes and encourages special events for our members to provide fun and engaging opportunities: Ward gatherings, Decorating the Squares for the Holidays, a family-friendly events, National Night Out, Holiday Tour of Homes and more!
- PRODUCE THE SAVANNAH HOLIDAY TOUR OF HOMES AND INNS: This nationally recognized event is DNA’s primary fundraising activity. DNA members open their festively decorated homes and inns to offer patrons a glimpse of downtown living during the holiday season.
WE CORDIALLY INVITE YOU TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP FOR 2022 AT THE 2021 RATES!
RENEW ONLINE TODAY
Dues for 2022 are $50 for an individual membership and $70 for a family membership. Join or renew before the end of the year and receive the 2021 membership rates of $40 for an individual membership and $60 for a family membership. Corporate memberships are $250 and DNA also has sponsorship opportunities available.